Manager, Global Supply Chain - Sales & Operations Planning
Wayfair is one of the largest online-only home goods retailer in the United States with over 7 million items on site. Dedicated to fulfilling Wayfair’s promise of shipping products fast, clean and on-time, the Operations group focuses on providing world-class order fulfillment and service with end-to-end order tracking and outstanding customer care when exceptional events occur. Wayfair manages a vendor direct network of over 7000 suppliers in North America as well as a pan-European supplier and logistics network. As the company continues to grow, Sales and Operations Planning functions are critical enablers to success. If you’re passionate about Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement, love working in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to create, improve and sustain best practices and tools, this is a unique opportunity for you.
Manager, Sales & Operations Planning will:
- Initiate and lead successful operations process improvement projects by monitoring the performance of major business metrics that impact the forecast of thousands of items flowing into our distribution network
- Design and implement new methodologies to increase the accuracy of inbound replenishment projections by collaborating closely with Inventory Planning & Eng. teams and recommending the best solutions given the current technology platform & the state of processes
- Act as a strong liaison between warehouse and operations teams addressing major risks related to inbound and capacity fluctuations and drive the agenda with Inventory Planning, Transportation, Ocean Freight, Account Management and other teams to ensure network balance
- Work closely with Inventory planning and Account Management teams to drive increases in supplier compliance with the goal of achieving higher data and processes compliance
- Communicate cross-functionally with various teams across the organization to ensure short-term and long-term visibility of key inputs for S&OP inbound plans
- Work closely with Eng. teams to ensure high integrity of transactional data, design a robust framework of exception management metrics & alerts to mitigate the results of unexpected data glitches
- Be savvy in technology and systems and demonstrate strong acumen in designing planning tools for both weekly S&OP communication and ad-hoc projects
- Be very articulate and an effective communicator, be creative and envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together
- Ambitious & results oriented with strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes and change the status quo
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both professionally and personally
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
- Minimal travel required (<15%).
- MS, with strong academic record in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance.
- (MBA, Masters in Supply Chain or Operations degree from top tier school preferred but not required)
4+ years of work experience
- Understanding of Transportation & Logistics KPI’s, Metrics and Financial drivers
- Advanced use of Excel is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication
Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
Ability to influence without authority to drive improvement completion
Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Ability to create new processes and change the status quo
- Minimal travel required (<15%).
- Advanced use of VBA, Access/SQL, Tableau, Python
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.