Various locations throughout the United States
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
Launch Specialist - Large Parcel Home Delivery Operations will play a key role in this strategic initiative, helping to develop and run a network of best-in-class asset-based final mile sites within the US and Canada. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Develop and train an administrative team in a launch environment
- Directly influence a team of site leaders, warehouse staff and Home Delivery Concierges during a new building launch
- Provide systems base support and follow up post launch
- Create standard operating procedures for frontline systems
- Report KPIs on terminal performance and team’s performance to Terminal Leadership
- Drive consistency of process and execution among terminals
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure effective execution of building launches
- Create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation
- Must be able to travel ~90% of the time
- BA/BS, with strong academic record or equivalent experience
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- 1-3 years of logistics and supply chain experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Wayfair, named ‘Internet Retailer of the Year’ in 2016, offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 12,000 brands, Wayfair.com helps people find the perfect product at the right price.
With over $2.5B in in revenue and growing at 50%, Wayfair is Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs more than 5,000 people across global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and more. The company was named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine.
Wayfair is publicly traded company under stock symbol W. The company was recently named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and was selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life.
The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor