Android QA Automation Engineer
Wayfair is looking for an experienced automation Engineer that can drive the automation of testing our native Android App to enable our team to move fast while ensuring the quality of the Application for our users. Utilize your knowledge to design, develop, launch, maintain, and train people on a solution for testing our Android Apps across brands, countries, and languages inside our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline. You will be working with the Android Team as well as Product, Full-Stack, Site Reliability, NOC, and DevOps with the possibility of expanding beyond Android to include iOS and other platforms.
This role will cover both short-term implementation and long-term planning in order to create a robust and flexible platform for everyone to contribute to the stability of the App and the speed of development. This role could expand to lead a team of QA Automation Engineers that are focused on bring these solutions to multiple platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Create automation roadmaps
- Create and maintain UI automation Tests (Espresso)
- Increase automation coverage
- Work with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Travis, etc.) and take automation to continuous integration
- Drive best practices in automation testing
- Advocate for quality throughout the mobile software development cycle
- Propose automation design improvements and advocate for our end users
- Help product and release managers understand the quality of an app in development
- Drive process, technical, and operational improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a QA Automation Engineer
- A familiarity with Android Emulators and Device Clouds (Firebase, SauceLabs, etc.)
- Familiarity with Git
- Excellent experience with Android and iOS mobile devices
- Experience with test case management tools, test case management and test design
- Experience with Agile / Scrum
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Solid ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience working in e-commerce
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Familiarity with SQL
- Sense of humor is a big plus!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.