Virtual Sales Trainer
The Virtual Sales Trainer will conduct and facilitate various training programs, including new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, as well as other training dictated by business needs.
Responsible for identifying training needs, training Virtual Sales & Service staff, and developing training materials as needed. Includes initial orientation/new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, and project-specific training for virtual Sales & Service staff. The primary audience will be virtual call center employees, but may include other employees.
- Work with Sales Team to ensure training consistency across sites and within Virtual Training Team
- Design and develop training materials as needed for virtual classroom use
- Develop and conduct virtual new hire onboarding training, as well as other virtual training as needed
- Lead virtual classroom training using sound facilitation techniques and monitor new employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner and tracked for completion
- At least 2 years prior experience as a sales trainer in a classroom setting, with virtual training experience preferred, particularly in a call center environment, or a degree in a learning & development field. Virtual facilitation experience utilizing Adobe Connect highly preferred.
- Experience coaching and training sales teams, proven ability to meet sales metrics
- Proven ability to create training materials using basic instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups, preferably in a virtual classroom setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; must be flexible and able to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs including nights and weekends.
- Proven ability to work well as a team player as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Good organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in a Call Center is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.