Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager
Expanding Wayfair’s real estate footprint is a critical part of our corporate strategy.
As the Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager, you will be primarily responsible for helping increase headquarter space, along with a focus on ad-hoc strategic projects such as international and warehouse growth, managing leasing transactions, portfolio planning, and working with external partners including landlords, brokers and advisers.
This role will have a broad area of focus geographically, and may also assist with field office and warehouse leasing. This is a highly visible and cross functional position requiring thoughtful leadership and communication to match business needs with real estate solutions.
- Developing and executing negotiation approaches for new leases, renewals, expansions, subleasing and other transaction types
- Refining new location search requirements and objectives, based on business teams’ goals and the real estate market landscape
- Assembling and presenting financial and non-financial summaries and updates to senior business leaders, on new sites and existing portfolio
- Consolidating current and future projects and requirements into a broad real estate strategy
- Tracking actual rent and occupancy costs to initial expectations, and managing budgeting and forecasting for a segment of the corporate portfolio
- Building relationships with site managers, property managers, landlords and other related internal and external stakeholders
- Managing operation of current locations and assisting with a wide range of ad hoc day to day support
- Bachelor Degree or MBA required
- Backgrounds in leasing, asset management, or real estate investment is a plus
- Successful track record of negotiating and strong communication skills
- Ability to work side-by-side with broad range of functions to achieve objectives
- Frequent short-duration travel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.