Manager, Merchandising Analytics
Manager, Merchandising Analytics
Are you excited about using data to drive highly valued insights? Do you want to join a rapidly growing and constantly evolving team? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, cross-functional, and collaborative work environment?
Wayfair Merchandising is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and process-driven Manager to join our Merchandising Analytics leadership team as Merchandising continues our ambitious plan to build the best online catalog for all things home. The Merch Analytics team’s mission is to inform and drive business decision making with data, standardize metrics and KPIs, and increase departmental efficiency through process optimization and automation.
What You'll Do:
- Translate complex business problems into specific questions that can then be answered through data-driven analysis
- Partner with various stakeholders to identify project requirements, obtain buy-in for project methodology, and integrate your solutions into daily operational processes
- Analyze big data to extract valuable insights, opportunities, and action items that influence our operations
- Communicate findings with a clear point of view and compelling visualizations so your insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Become a subject matter expert on our Merchandising data sets, reporting, and analytics tools
- Proactively identify efficiency opportunities within the department, then architect and implement solutions
- Manage a team of Data Analysts
- Example projects:
- Partner with BI team and business stakeholders to create reporting and dashboard solutions for the organization
- Design and develop methodologies using R/Python for analyzing catalog performance and identifying actionable trends and correlations
- Begin development “bots” using Python to programmatically scrape merchandising content from supplier and manufacturer websites and oversee an expansion of the initiative
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional work experience in technology or other analytical roles
- A blend of strong technical aptitude and business acumen with a passion for solving complex business problems with data and technology
- Organized and process-oriented with strong communication skills and the talent to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in SQL and Python as well as a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Experience with Excel VBA and/or R-Studio are a plus
- Positive, enthusiastic, and people-oriented with a strong work ethic
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary & bonus, and great benefits including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team outings, company-wide social events, snacks, refreshments, and more
- A collaborative and forward-thinking team that continuously pushes the envelope
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Mentorship and career development opportunities
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.