Senior Operations Manager
The Senior Operations Manager of Warehouse Operations will be a key member of the Wayfair operations team. The position will require a leader to both develop and manage a large team for our Perris, CA warehouse operations; handling both small parcel and freight products for the leading home furnishings and decor site. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Senior Operations Manager of Warehouse Operations will manage within a 2 building campus totaling 2 million sf. Will manage 5 Operations Manager across all 3 shifts.
- Manage the day to day operations for fulfillment operations for both freight and small parcel products.
- Develop staffing and productivity planning metrics for all segments of the operations.
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategy to efficiently support special projects as well as new service offerings.
- Engage with senior management in Transportation, Finance, and Customer Service.
- Maintain solid inventory control processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Any industry certifications and development are a plus.
- 5-10 years of progressive upward experience in distribution and logistics functions; preferably in the E-Commerce industry.
- Previous experience managing a large 500k sf distribution operation with staffing levels over 100.
- Planning and budgeting experience.
- Strong WMS systems background.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
- Detail oriented, strong communication and collaborative skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.