Software QA Engineer- Backend Systems
We are currently seeking a Software QA Engineer to join our Backend Systems QA team. This team partners with Software Development to build, qualify and deploy Wayfair’s automation and tools. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of our internal systems, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience. Example teams that are part of our Backend Infrastructure include: Supply Chain & Logistics, Order Management, Marketing and Transportation. Our ideal engineer has a background testing complex data systems or WMS and fast iteration in an agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Define QA process with new teams
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
- Be a quality advocate for the software / teams throughout the product life cycle
- Work with Business and Engineering stakeholders in our collaborative culture
- Creatively try to break our internal tools, via hands-on and scripted testing, before our customers
An ideal candidate will have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math or similar Engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering, or similar, role.
- Proficiency with SQL scripting and querying tools.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Proficiency with test case management and test design.
- Codeception \ Selenium or any other UI automation tool knowledge is a plus.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Collaboration with peers.
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems with automation.
- Passionate about implementing best practices in testing.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously.
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.