Senior Accounting Manager
Wayfair’s Finance group is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join our team! This role will reside on the financial reporting team within the Wayfair Finance Department. This is a fast scaling position and will be able to offer a lot of career progression at a growing public company, and this dynamic role will offer exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually.
- Key player in helping lead month-end close process
- Managing and training team of 2-5 individuals
- Analyze monthly balance sheet and income statement account variances
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Preparing monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers
- Prepare and review the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Ensure accruals and month-end estimates are accurate and complete
- Research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure company is in compliance with US GAAP
- Work with senior leadership to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvement
- Assist with the ongoing implementation of Sarbanes Oxley. Promote and maintain an effective internal control environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of experience in public or private accounting
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced, deadline –oriented environment
- Organized and self-motivated
- Proactive work ethic
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including experience in translating financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standard
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.