Associate Director, Supply Chain Analytics (m/f)
The Supply Chain Analytics team in Berlin is looking to add an Associate Director to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer strategy questions regarding the optimization of supply chain costs in the EU.
Who we are
The Supply Chain Analytics team is Wayfair’s internal Operations focused consulting group that seeks to make our Supply Chain run more efficiently (speed & costs) by generating insights from modeling, quantitative analysis and ultimately the creation of new tech products to steer the Wayfair Eu Supply Chain. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs and though leader for the Wayfair Operations teams, ranging from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Be the leader of Supply Chain Cost Optimization Program in the EU, a challenging competence center and intersection of analytics and tech product management
- Derive the Supply Chain cost optimization strategy with analytics using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Leverage and lead a team of data scientists to generate the key insights to Supply Chain cost efficiencies
- Partner with various business stakeholders across Operations, Finance, Pricing, Product Management and Engineering to identify key factors to turn the cost optimization strategy into tech products that optimize product prices on storefront, or steer our supply chain
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments in Europe and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations
- Building a European carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for several millions of shipments a year
- Optimize the product pricing algorithms on storefront through accuracy improvements in ship cost estimations across the complex European distribution network
Who you are:
- You have significant experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have a higher degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- Previous experience executing on analytical projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Previous experience in driving tech solutions in close collaboration with Product Management and Engineering
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Experienced leadership and talent development
- Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.