Senior Manager, Pricing (m/f)
Are you looking to manage a team that is driving the business strategy and profitability of a startup within a vastly growing e-Commerce company with several billion in revenue? Are you excited about the opportunity to unlock the power of ‘Big Data’ assets to optimize the pricing strategy of 50+ categories, driving direct P&L impact?
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, cross-functional, and collaborative work environment? Do you like a business environment where you need to tackle the challenges of mature business segments and completely new markets?
This is a unique opportunity to join the expansion of our European Pricing and Profitability function, with the opportunity to make a large tangible impact quickly: you will manage a current team of 1-3 analysts that is still growing in Berlin. You will work closely with our Pricing colleagues in the U.S., as well as with the category teams in Berlin and London.
This role will be a central counterpart for senior management to connect all relevant business functions such as marketing, finance, logistics, product and merchandising with our pricing and profitability team to manage our day to day business as well as the longer-term business strategy.
- Lead a team of analysts to develop innovative analytical methodologies that leverage vast data sets to optimize pricing in cooperation with our category management team to drive business impact, incl. occasional travel to our London Office (commercial excellence in category, pricing from consumer perspective, intuitive dashboards, creation of prices, price steering, ...)
- Contribute revolutionary ideas to help shape our fast-evolving business and continue to drive impact across the organization (new components of our pricing engine, testing alternative pricing approaches, ...)
- Build up a new strategic framework to focus on emerging business segments and manage the cooperation of various functional stakeholders to pitch these strategies to senior management (psychological pricing, conduct tests of new pricing algorithms, recommend strategic price shifts for categories, ...)
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders to understand knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights (e.g. enable commercial excellence in categories)
- Interface with our U.S. pricing and profitability team to ensure that US best-practices are adapted and rolled out in Europe as quickly as possible
- Drive the development of project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Significant professional work experience; consulting, B2C pricing, retail, technology, start-up, strategy, banking, or other analytical roles strongly preferred
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage a (project) team and produce strong results, particularly when presented with autonomy to drive priorities with strong focus on driving new analytical models with strong focus on driving business impact in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative skills; ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings as well as advanced coding and SQL capabilities
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.