Senior Industrial Engineer
The Project Manager will be a key member of the Wayfair Industrial Engineering team. The PM will work closely with both the IE team and the various Warehouse Operations groups. The PMs primary role is to own projects from start to finish, identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. The PM will own scope, schedule and cost of various projects. PM experience required. Experience in warehouse or manufacturing preferred. PMP Preferred with strong AutoCad Design stills. Sortation and automation experience in fulfillment or distribution required.
- Provides project management support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Experience designing and implementing complex sortation systems
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Manage projects related to LMS, WMS and Process Improvement.
- Work with multifunctional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – 40% to 60%
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering or 10+ Years of hands on field work
- 7+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
- This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- A strong technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.