Product Manager- Warehousing Systems
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain 3PL (third-party logistics) platform roadmap and communicate regular updates regarding team initiatives, performance metrics and impact of product enhancements to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Lead and mentor a team of Product Associates
- Collaborate with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems while guiding resourcing to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Counsel business leaders in Operations and other departments on workflow optimization and product definition while serving as an internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform
- Work closely with senior leadership across the organization to ensure your vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Travel to various warehouse and distribution network sites for product evolution and stakeholder engagement
What You'll Need
- 3+ years Product Management experience working with operational systems and a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights - proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- A strongly collaborative mindset and effectiveness in a cross-functional environment with the ability to manage through ambiguity and adversity to establish strategy and deliver against business goals in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Willingness to travel to warehouse and distribution sites as needed
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.