Manager, Event Merchandising
Event Portfolio Manager, WFP Promo Ops
As a Manager for Promo Ops, you will work at the intersection of Wayfair's Promotions business strategy, email marketing and creative teams for WFUS/CA. You will be responsible for driving the go-to-market strategy of our event portfolio to increase customer engagement. The role takes a sharp strategic mind and passion on imagery, messaging and creative learnings. It also offers a robust blend of strategy, analytics, merchandising and project management. Successful candidates for this role understand effectively enact change in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, excel at taking an analytical approach to problem-solving, possess strong senior presence and communication skills, and have a strong inclination for the customer experience and collaboration.
You will work on a fast-paced, highly cross-functional team that is constantly testing and innovating to bring the best possible promotional content and messages to our growing customer base. You must have an interest in solving business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of teams across the organization and will need to form strong partnerships with Creative, Marketing, Campaign, and Product.
If you’re entrepreneurial, analytical and interested in being a part of a fast-growing eCommerce leader, then we are looking for you to join our Promo Ops Team at Wayfair!
- Own strategy to enhance overall event portfolio performance (i.e. increase revenue by driving engagement) and innovate event concepts and imagery
- Accountable for strong event portfolio performance; analyze event portfolio performance patters to re-iterate strategy to drive incremental results
- Be the event analytics expert to optimize the playbook for different event types and develop a robust testing pipeline to innovate the event portfolio
- Work with internal teams (Buying, Creative, Marketing, Campaign, Pricing and Product) to optimize not only event portfolio & packaging, but also processes & tools
- Directly manage associates with the potential to grow the team as needed
- Monitor industry and competitor trends to generate new ideas for event concepts and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8+ years in an e-commerce, consumer marketing, management consulting, or related function
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- Interest in home décor, home furnishings, and/or other home products a plus
About WFP Promo Ops
The Promo Ops team oversees centralized functions for larger Promotions team, responsible with event inventory, engagement (click-through-rate) and holistic performance of the event portfolio. We partner with email marketing, creative, buying, storefront, and Promo Innovation teams to innovate and optimize the event portfolio, packaging, and distribution across WFUS and WFCA.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
 Promotional offers: e.g. “Rugs Under $99”, “Top-Rated Beds”Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.