Software QA Manager
Wayfair’s Software QA team is growing and we are looking to hire a Software QA Manager for one of our expanding/growing teams. You will empower your team to help improve all aspects of our e-commerce web sites. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: we are dedicated to improving the quality of our product.
- You will work with development and QA to define manual testing and test automation coding norms, including technology/tool selection, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through periodic reviews.
- Support your team to test and verify site appearance, functionality and performance across all of our brands
- You will recruit, hire, and lead an extraordinary team of Software QA Engineers, with 4-6 direct reports.
- You will provide thought leadership for Engineering and Product in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process. You will identify meaningful trends and practices so we can release quickly and with high confidence.
- You will be involved with scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
- You will spend approximately 20% of your time leading through coding via developing PoC’s and prototypes, pair programming, and implementing new tools and technologies.
- Have managed or have equal experience managing Software QA Engineers for 3+ years
- You have command of manual/exploratory testing practices and significant leadership in testing automation development and architecture. You have previous experience, or strong aspirations for, growing and leading a team.
- You are hungry to “roll up your sleeves” as a player-coach. You are excited at the prospects of seeing the individuals on your team grow and succeed.
- You are an excellent multi-tasker with the strong ability to effect change, influence, and collaborate within a technical team and also with company leadership.
- A sense of humor!!!
- Ideally some coding experience with Selenium/Codeception
- Experience delivering software in an agile, CI-based environment
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.