Human Resources Director
As an Associate Director within our Talent Management group, you will be responsible for creating and directing HR functions and/or programs for Wayfair’s Western US operations. You will maintain and enhance the Human Resources department by helping shape our road map to scale our operations in efficiency, organizational design planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary. To be successful in this role, candidates should have a good knowledge of labor regulations and experience with managing complex employee relations issues.
In addition, you will:
- Manage a remote team focusing in the areas of global orientation, employee onboarding at all levels, strategic planning and employee relations driving improvement and efficiency in our processes and policies across the organization.
- Own and launch company-wide initiatives and programs.
- Partner with leaders in the sales and operations business unit as we expand domestically and internationally.
- Innovate as we create wellness and engagement programs, to manage costs appropriately.
- Streamline our approach to handling employee relations issues across the organization; act as a resource and sounding board for managers dealing with employee relations challenges, and leave requests under the FMLA and ADA.
- Partner with our Facilities team to ensure employee satisfaction with all aspects of our work space.
- Build and develop a strong team that can support the business and think strategically as we grow.
- Modify corporate programs and processes to ensure relevancy with the frontline staff we support.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 7 years of Human Resources experience in a lean, fast-paced work environment; experience in a large, international and high-growth technology company preferred.
- Track record of defining and leading a high-impact talent function within a global, evolving organization.
- Conceptual understanding of employment laws and policies, particularly in the US.
- A solution-oriented approach and a strong understanding of how to enable an organization to succeed through talent.
- High degree of business acumen, analytical capability and an ability to adapt to continuous change.
- BA/BS degree, Master’s degree considered a plus or relevant experience.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.