Front End Developer
We’re looking for a talented Web Developer who knows how to balance a passion for logic and problem solving with a keen eye for design to join this growing team.
- Problem solving on the fly using various resources and debugging methods to diagnose and execute solutions independently.
- Working seamlessly with Designers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to translate designs/wireframes into frontend code.
- Working closely with other Storefront technology teams including Frontend Platforms, Performance, and Full-Stack (PHP) to create next generation site features.
- Understanding and employing engineering and optimization best practices with regard to frontend web standards, code maintainability, page rendering, and browser performance.
An ideal candidate has:
- 1-3+ years of CSS, HTML, and JS development experience
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Skilled with CSS and HTML, including the ability to code from scratch without a framework, and a focus on code reusability, performance, and faithfulness to design
Nice to haves:
- Github account
- Involved in meet-ups and conferences
- Experience with/knowledge of frontend coding considerations for Mobile/Tablet devices, including responsive/adaptive design
- Experience with React in particular
- PHP or other server-side language exposure
- Source Control exposure
- Experience working on large, complex, enterprise level sites, ideally with multiple “skins” for the same markup
- A Creative/Design background with an instinct for UI/UX
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.