Community Events Manager
The Wayfair Community Experience Team oversees office community builds, space design and operations for 10,000+ Wayfairians in our offices around the globe. The Community Events Manager will be responsible for 1) organizing and managing onsite perks and amenities and 2) planning and organizing annual company events and meetings - this work impacts over 6,000+ Wayfair Boston employees and external stakeholders.
Perks and events include, but are not limited to: onsite summits, quarterly all company parties, onsite food offerings and delivery services, and our corporate merchandise program. With such a broad and strategic mandate, this role also manages relationships with Wayfairians at all levels including our senior leadership team.
This role is ideal for a creative, organized problem solver that loves working cross functionally to plan and run large scale events. This role does not require previous event coordination experience; however, we are looking for someone with previous experience in building a playbook, strategic negotiations, managing complex cross functional relationships, and gaining alignment from key stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with producing and delivering multiple large-scale events from beginning to end, including researching forward-thinking content, researching venues, building relationships with key industry players, creating agendas and content plans as needed.
- Build strong relationships with vendors and acting as the Wayfair liaison in bidding and negotiating proposals and contracts.
- Assist in leading the onsite execution, coordination and support for internal teams and external vendors while maintaining open communication during each event and project.
- Brainstorm, strategize and propose event concepts, activations, and plans based on the needs of the event.
- Liaise closely with all departments to develop and monitor schedules, responsibilities, and deliverables associated with assigned events. Responsible for setting and running project meetings.
- Oversee all deliverables for the event including but not limited to marketing, internal and external communication, and registration systems.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in general management
- Experience in negotiation and vendor management at a broad level
- Experience communicating complex and actionable concepts at a senior executive level
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to be challenged
- Team player who is willing to support multiple areas of the business
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to own and manage significant projects including building an Event Management Playbook for the business to utilize
- Highly organized, attention to detail and efficiency.
- Possess excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and the ability to apply sound judgment to complex business transactions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.