The Site Lead will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Big Flats office. The primary objective is to ensure a safe, clean, warm, welcoming, and efficient environment for our employees while promoting the Wayfair culture. The Site Lead will manage people, vendors, and processes in a professional manner, and be responsible for oversight of the facility as a whole. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Assist with the start-up of the site prior to opening
- Successfully liaise and maintain relationships with Landlord and/or Property Manager to ensure lease obligations are being upheld
- Through proper channels order, organize, and set up furniture, fixtures and appliances for the office
- Take an active role in working with contractors, architects, and space planners to help facilitate office moves/expansions as needed
- Establish relationships with outside vendors as needed for the maintenance of the site. Administer local contracts and maintenance agreements; Bid and award contracts/services
- Act as Safety Officer, complying with OSHA regulations and Wayfair policies at all times
- Coordinate shipping, receiving, and stocking of materials needed for the maintenance of the site including food supplies, office supplies, and furniture
- Develop, maintain, and report out a site budget
- Report regularly and effectively to the management team on all aspects of site operations
- Hire, manage, and develop top-notch site staff; facilitate an environment of hospitality and customer experience
- Promote and nurture Wayfair culture to local employees and site leadership
- Provide Workplace Services and Safety Orientation to all new hires
- Be prepared to respond professionally and appropriately in an emergency, inclement weather conditions, etc.
- Coordinate access badges for new hires/employees and ensure that security protocols are adhered to
- Be accessible, off-hours, to respond to building or other emergencies
- Be proactive in communicating to stakeholders and across departments
- At least 3 years in a similar role
- Professional presence
- Exceptional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to calmly juggle competing priorities
- Strong customer service orientation and experience
- Ability to quickly and efficiently address operational challenges
- Creative, flexible, and collaborative problem solver; open to suggestion and trying different approaches
- Strong financial and analytical skills; ability to make decisions based on needs and budget concerns
- Confident self-starter
- Energetic and friendly demeanor
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.