Associate Director, Operations Strategy
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Logistics to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic topics that will propel Wayfair from $4B to $10B and beyond.
Operations in Wayfair covers a broad based continuum that includes:
Supplier Operations, Sales and Service, Product Merchandising, Global Delivery, Customer Experience Center of Excellence, Process Transformation, and more. The Supply Chain & Logistics team develops and executes transformational strategies that generate game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction. Roles in Supply Chain & Logistics combine strategy with hands on execution and the ability to own and drive results. Dedicated teams work directly with suppliers, vendors and customers to provide new levels of efficiency and performance supporting all Wayfair businesses globally. Success relies on innovative problem solving, strong business acumen and quantitative skills, and collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network!
Initiatives requiring leadership include:
- International Supply Chain: Build the international supply chain for Wayfair at the first mile from the source of our supply from the factories in Asia to our warehousing network in US, Canada, Germany, and UK. Create, implement and scale the global operations footprint and operating model to balance Supplier and global support needs. Design first mile and inbound solutions for minimal cost, define optimal set of inputs from international warehouses, ocean liners, drayage providers and trucking companies
- Category Operations: Create and execute the growth strategy for our emerging categories, with an eye towards building for future scale and transforming the business across Wayfair. Champion work cross-functionally with Category Management and across 6+ Operations teams (e.g. Logistics, Inventory Planning, Supplier Performance, Product Performance, Sales/Service) to cut cost through improving operational process.
- North American Transportation & Network Operations: Own the end-to-end network operations and transportation for Wayfair's Delivery Network, from supplier induction through hand-off for last mile customer delivery. Build a leading-class transportation network through more intelligent network routing, execution, and carrier strategy implementation. This includes focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence across the network to drive speed, visibility, and achieve an exceptional customer experience through supply chain service.
- Large Parcel: Ensure that every large parcel customer receives the product they ordered in the most efficient manner possible through development and enhancement of proprietary and 3rd party software and 3rd party partner selection and management. Partner with our field organization to resolve network wide and site specific challenges, working together to raise the bar of what a home delivery experience should be.
- Returns & Incident Reduction: Create a pain free customer returns experience that will generate loyalty and repeat purchases in a way that reduces costs to Wayfair. This will be done through customer experience analysis, driving supply chain cost and efficiency, re-marketing of items that are returned, and incident and damage resolution.
- Overpack: Drive down damage rates for all products that move within our asset based facilities by relentlessly testing, measuring, iterating, and scaling packaging and or protection solutions. Build implementation roadmap, diagnose the root cause of damage issues, design, develop, and test protection solutions to prevent damage.
- Small Parcel (Customer Experience): Build the end to end strategy of our small parcels from order to delivery. Partner with with internal stakeholders, senior leadership, and carriers to ensure the customer receives their package quickly and on time with an optimal customer experience. This position requires heavy cross functional communication across the company, big picture critical and strategic thinking, and ability to use technology to solve problems.<span
- Bachelors degree; MBA preferred.
- 3 + years post MBA experience
- 10+ years total experience
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Senior presence, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.