Photo Art Director
At Wayfair, we have a very robust Imagery team which is transforming the industry.
As a key part of our Imagery organization, a Photography Art Director will lead a team of stylists and photographers and work alongside our other Creative teams to evolve and shape our brands while achieving and exceeding business objectives.
We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high; our expectations of quality are even higher.
- Provide art direction within internal or third party photography and video studios.
- Responsible for architectural/location or set direction, room types and/or conceptual ideas, paint palettes, driving prop sourcing/usage, narrative, lighting, composition, cropping, and overall aesthetic decisions working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Work within designated budgets, timelines, and branding guidelines.
- Develop ideas and concepts into compelling visual solutions and present along with rationale and detail to team members and executives.
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and business goals.
- Continuously drive team of stylists and photographers to excellence through regular coaching, training and process improvement while still contributing to campaign work.
- Work well under pressure, quickly solving problems, and excelling in a high-volume, deadline-driven ecommerce studio environment.
- Support Creative Director in driving quality and process enhancements across team.
- 5+ years photo art direction experience
- Experience managing in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to speak to and adjust styling techniques accordingly
- Complete understanding of Color Theory and an eye for composition
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Flexible travel schedule
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.