Associate Director, Product Management, Last Mile Delivery Network
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to reinvent the tools currently used for the Wayfair-owned last mile delivery network in North America and build cutting-edge technology for the European market. The right product leader will play a critical role in enabling a best-in-class large parcel delivery customer experience to delight our customers and set the bar for the home delivery market.
The individual will need to develop a team of product managers and work with teams across the company, including leaders from Category Management, Supplier Operations, Engineering, Sales & Operations Planning, and Fulfillment and Logistics. The scope of impact is broad, with accountability for developing and maturing a shared vision for last mile technology products across the entire customer order lifecycle. Main goals include driving increased customer satisfaction by giving full visibility into the order lifecycle but also streamlining internal operational tools for internal users to act in a customer-centric manner. The leader will also be accountable to provide insights to internal stakeholders to drive incremental evolution and innovation.
This role will lead a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. The leader will also be a key contributor to our final mile strategy, challenging current models, and establishing new approaches made possible through product innovation.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a user-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for final mile logistics in the home & living ecommerce industry.
- Extensive experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation, ideally in a consulting, retail, ecommerce or highly complex B2B markets
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- A recognized track record of building teams; previous experience to develop and foster multi-level team attitudes that guide effective performance
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Communication and interpersonal agility; being approachable and builds diverse relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams, vendors and line team
- High ability to deal with ambiguity, to effectively prioritize, to multitask, and to work with tight deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience in identifying root causes of problems and necessary actions to eliminate them
- Experience working across geographies and cross-culturally
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experience
- Degree in Technology, Operations Research, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration
- A bold and optimistic personality
- Brings the self-confidence and passion required to get things done in difficult times and find creative solutions to problems
- Applies a diverse set of leadership styles for the appropriate situation.
- Willing to work as is needed to build a world-class organization and company while serving the customers.
- Stays laser focused under competing priorities and can 80/20 with a close attention to detail
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.