Senior Technical Product Manager, Product Details Page Platform
Senior Technical Product Manager, Product Details Page Platform
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to lead the Product Details Page (PDP) Platform team. You will be responsible for scaling the PDP platform and enabling the page to support high amounts of differentiation by various class or user segments. You will also be tasked with delivering lightning fast shopping experiences on PDP by building, testing, teaching, and evangelizing performance technology for the page. The PDP should feel fast, work on slow or nonexistent connections, and respond instantly to interactions with smooth transitions. As a strong Senior Technical Product Manager you will work closely with talented engineers and other product managers to build a best-in-class PDP platform and a integrate cutting edge performance technology.
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. As the CEO of your product(s), you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
The Product Details Page is viewed by millions of Wayfair customers every day and it seeks to solve four discrete customer problems:
- Allow our customer to quickly and effectively evaluate a product to make a confident purchase decision
- Allow our customer to derive value through clear and actionable offers of complementary products, services and offers
- Provide effective tools for finding substitute products or easy-to-use mechanisms for reaching other experiences of interest to that customer
- Provide a fast and stable user experience
What You'll Do
- Product Managers at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of technical product management experience
- Strong technical background and a proven track record of solving complex problems with technology
- Significant/meaningful experience in ecommerce or B2C product management
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- BS/MS with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative and technical backgrounds)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.