Human Resources Generalist
As part of a dynamic HR team located in Wayfair’s Hebron, KY facility, this individual will provide HR support to both employees and leaders. This individual will perform a full-range of HR functions in an exciting, unique, fast-paced, and fun environment. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Human Resources and functions within a larger HR team headquartered in Boston.
- Participate in employee relations and employee engagement activities
- Data entry and maintenance of the employee database using ADP and various HRIS systems
- Prepare for and assist with new-hire onboarding
- Administer legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Support training and development programs
- Support performance management and compensation administration
- Analyze data and maintain HR metrics
- Assist employees by listening to issues and concerns, and making recommendations for resolutions
- Assist with employee recognition programs
- Assist with benefits programs, including annual open enrollment, and participate in benefits administration
- Assist in wellness programs
- Help to ensure Wayfair’s policy administration
- Assist in thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Manage and track FMLA, Short-term disability, ADA, and other leaves of absence
- Work closely with Workforce Management (WFM) and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
- Stay abreast of compensation and benefit trends and engage in surveys when appropriate
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- Contribute to and maintain the unique Wayfair culture
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience in a dedicated HR generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field, or equivalent experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent and proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Products and HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- This role is 2nd shift
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.