Senior Product Manager, Ad Tech Systems
The Role: We’re looking for a senior product manager to expand and adapt our current ad tech systems to meet the unique needs of our European business. In this role, you will work closely with our marketing and engineering leads to define the roadmap for these systems and work closely with a dedicated team of engineers to deliver your products. You will own many products including bidding/feed solutions for search, notifications technology for customer outreach, and recommendations strategies to personalize our marketing campaigns, all of which are core to further accelerating the growth of our UK and Germany sites.
• Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and customers up to date on the top level goals, timelines, and progress
• Be the subject matter expert and owner of your products.
• Prioritize requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risks and development cost
• Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
• 4+ years of product experience in the digital space
• Demonstrable ability to be technically hands-on, up to architecting high-level system plans (no coding)
• Proven SQL knowledge – can use SQL to pull ad hoc data when necessary to deliver amazing products and features on schedule
• Ability to work across several stakeholder groups and juggle many large initiatives simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA or advanced degree a plus
• Willing to travel to Europe several times per year
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.