Warehouse Administrative Specialist
Wayfair is looking for a talented, self-motivated Administrative Assistant with demonstrated capabilities to support both warehouse operations and business functions. The ideal candidate will utilize advanced Excel skills and ability to learn new systems quickly to do extensive and accurate data entry, mine for data, and construct meaningful, actionable reports. They have the ability to simultaneously balance multiple and diverse warehouse projects while providing general office support. The candidate must have a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to adapt to change quickly.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all warehouse functions; provide support as directed.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Talent Management (HR); provide support as directed.
- Gather data to compile productivity and operational reports for warehouse management; audit for content and accuracy.
- Perform extensive data entry into various business systems; complete tickets, compile reports, and conduct audits.
- Provide general office support (file, create POs, order supplies, manage mail, etc.).
- Assist with timekeeping activities (enter/adjust data and schedules, create and audit reports, resolve discrepancies, manage points systems).
- Assist with hew hire onboarding activities including creating packets, new hire data entry, supporting new hire orientation.
- Manage timecards and ID badges.
- Assist with planning and executing employee engagement and wellness activities.
- Assist with distribution of employee communication material.
- Assist warehouse employees with computer usage, questions, etc.
- Provide support for other company locations as needed.
- Complete other duties as requested by management team.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Outlook and Excel (logic and data functions, macros, VBA, pivot tables, etc.); ability to learn new systems quickly
- Previous experience within a warehouse, logistics, distribution, or related environment preferred
- Ability to compile reports
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic project management experience a plus
- Basic SQL experience a plus
- Working knowledge of PR/HRIS systems a plus
- Previous experience with ticketing systems
- Previous involvement with event planning a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, and provide a high level of detail
- Able to multi-task in a face-paced environment
- Must have a continual sense of urgency to complete tasks on-time if not early
- Bachelor's Degree required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.