Senior Logistics Analyst
Senior Analyst, Operational Excellence
Wayfair is looking to add an ambitious and eager Senior Analyst to the team! This person will apply their quantitative and analytical abilities to help answer pressing operational strategy questions and support analytics initiatives within Wayfair’s Operations Excellence group. If you’re looking for a role with challenge, flexibility, and impact in a rapidly growing company – this role is for you.
This position will combine data analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and insight generation into a challenging role centered around helping Wayfair improve operations metrics and the customer experience for a key customer base. In addition, the Senior Analyst will work together with a Manager of Operations Excellence to streamline existing processes (including but not limited to territories, routing, profitability, cost structures, and more).
What you will do:
- Work with a small team tasked with analyzing and optimizing the shipment and analytics processes that supports the customer experience for popular Wayfair items, directly impacting customer-facing strategies to improve the customer experience
- Partner with stakeholders across the Wayfair organization, ranging from category management and logistics to supplier operations and engineering, to assess pressing challenges facing the Operations Excellence group
- Work on a very collaborative team with access to senior members of the operations organization, with a focus on structuring analyses from scratch and communicating findings in a persuasive manner to senior management
- There is significant opportunity for your work to have an impact on how Wayfair interacts with its customers and specifically how gets product into the hands of the customer
- Support the development of performance scorecards and metrics used to assess the operational efficiency of shipping for large parcel items
- Partnering with multiple stakeholders to build an understanding of the territory management, shipping, and final mile customer experience and identify metrics, analyses, and levers that can drive improvements in costs and customer experience metrics
- Conduct deep-dives into various processes in order to make recommendations on how improvements will affect the territory management and the associated customer experience
Who you are:
- You have experience in an analytical/logistics/management consulting role, with or without a focus on operations
- Experience with supply chain, logistics, or operations analysis is preferred, but not required; candidates of all backgrounds with a desire to learn will be considered
- Previous experience presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems and identify analyses to drive to resolution/insight
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- MS Excel, SQL, Python, and R
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.