Senior Product Associate - Enterprise Systems (Financial Systems)
Operations Product Innovation is an internal consulting team that seeks to make things run more efficiently by using technology. We analyze the operations of our business and find opportunities to improve customer experience and reduce costs.
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for a driven, enthusiastic product management candidate to help improve operational performance. This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert to assist stakeholders in understanding increasingly dynamic systems.
In This Role You Will
- Become intrinsically involved with the development of the "Finance API" designed to facilitate cross domain product development and engineering.
- Turn high-level business requirements into detailed specs for software development
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
Who We’re Looking For
- Familiarity working with, designing and implementing APIs - either from a technical or product ownership standpoint.
- Familiarity working with complex, interrelated systems to identify dependencies and opportunities to establish separation of concerns.
- Familiarity working working with technical financial systems.
- Understanding of fundamental accounting related principles.
- Must be able to work cross functionality with other engineering and business teams where persuasion and communication are paramount to getting the job done.
- A demonstrated record of strong project management and driving results (preferably e-commerce)
- A basic understanding of application database and system design, though no coding experience is needed
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology or business discipline
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.