The Wayfair Video team is looking for a Video Editor to work alongside of our in-house creative team. This role will be responsible for editing video across multiple work streams, including Wayfair’s TV commercials The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, takes pride in their work, is proactive and organized and enjoys working both individually and with a team. Must be able to execute video projects from start to finish, with a keen eye for telling a story through effective editing and visual effects.
In order to qualify, you must include a link to your portfolio and/or work samples with your application.
- Work with footage/assets to create compelling, effective marketing videos and content
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with creative directors, graphic designers, and producers to execute goals of the team
- Effectively implement keyframe animations within content to drive the narrative of your edits
- Ability to incorporate feedback in your workflow process
- At least 1 year of professional experience video editing
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro or comparable non-linear editor
- Proficiency with After Effects and keyframe animation
- Basic compositing skills (proficiency is a plus)
- Good understanding of technology pertaining to video editing and visual effects
- Great attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with deadlines and pivot quickly
- General understanding of color grading and sound design is a plus
- Passionate about the editing field and displays a drive to learn about the brands as well as new technologies/programs
- Takes initiative and is creative/innovative in solving problems
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.