Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
At their core, Senior Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
Each senior analyst is aligned with a line of business either focused on Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Finance, Sales + Service or our core website. Whether you’re analyzing customer behavior and trends, developing new recommendations, or constructing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Marketing, Operations, Storefront web, Finance, Sales + Service) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within a business unit to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including website funnel progression, customer segmentation and targeting, and supply chain optimization.
- Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses in Tableau to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to over 5000 global employees.
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, C)
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Tableau a plus.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.