Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to:
- Participate in driving a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair.
- Execute on transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that fosters partnership and risk taking.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics
The CastleGate team is looking to add a Senior Analyst, Operations Analytics to our group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions, support various operational initiatives. They will work with large amounts of data and flex analytical skills to deliver answers. This role provides an opportunity to impact a core part of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project and get buy-in for project methodology
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL and Excel
- Present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Build out KPI dashboards aimed at driving visibility into key parts of our operation
- This role has potential for high visibility right from the start
What we’re seeking:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a business analytical/consulting role
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- SQL experience is a plus
- Not afraid to present business cases to leadership
- Passion for solving complex business problems
- Affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.