Quantitative Marketing Analyst
Wayfair’s Growth Strategy team is responsible for driving multimillion dollar campaigns aimed at growing dominance in the online home furniture and décor space. Through rigorous mathematical analysis and a test and learn approach, we strive to underpin every strategy and every single decision that affects a consumer shopping experience.
As a Quantitative Marketing Analyst, you act as an internal consultant driving Customer Acquisition or Customer Retention initiatives within the larger team. In this role you are expected to:
- Develop strategy for priority initiatives while leveraging a variety of channels (paid search, display, broadcast, search engine optimization, etc.)
- Manage and optimize a multimillion dollar budget to meet ROI and growth goals
- Drive experimentation across channels and functions with uncompromising precision
- Analyze campaign performance, identify trends, and create opportunities for improvement
- React to deviations from the original plan quickly and strategically
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- At least 1 – 3 years of experience working in a quantitative-driven field such -as consulting, finance, or investment banking.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other similar concentrations.
- Strong communication skills.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.