Associate Director Product Management, Mobile Apps
Associate Director Product Management - Mobile Apps
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and -empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
The Associate Director, Product Management - Mobile Apps owns the building and maintaining of new apps & as well as app features and experiences for our existing portfolio, spanning all our brands, app platforms and international geographies.
As the technology leapfrogs constantly, as customers increasingly browse & shop via their mobile devices - Wayfair invests heavily to provide best-in-class apps experiences, leveraging cutting edge technologies as they become available.
We’ve have made great progress and our apps have a become fast growing, strong pillars of our business. But we are never done - and are looking for a leader to guide a cross-functional team of fellow product managers, engineers, designers, analysts. You will work with many partners throughout the org to define & build Wayfair’s apps strategy & execute across all of our customers’ devices during their entire experience. In the process, you will envision, build, and deliver experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers and billions of dollars in revenue.
This role presents significant technical, design, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be highly entrepreneurial, analytical and creative problem-solvers who are able to lead and grow a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. Perfect candidates can dive deep into technical details with fast-paced and highly talented product & engineering teams - while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our (product) organization, including executive level leadership.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals
- Lead and mentor a growing team of product managers who can go deep both on the technology and user experience side of our App experiences
- Create a product vision and strategy that will allow us to delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Translate the product vision and strategy into a comprehensive roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with your engineering, analytics, design, and business teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- Extensive experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation, realized in highly complex, high-performance, competitive, environments (top-tier consulting, PE, e-commerce, retail)
- Demonstrated, multi-year track record of successful management of product management execution from vision, across design, development to deployment and ongoing impact optimization, specifically on mobile apps
- Strong experience in working with / managing mobile first design & UX, specifically mobile for apps
- Recognized success in directly leading & building teams (2 years minimum) ; previous experience to develop and foster multi-level team attitudes that guide effective performance
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams, vendors and line teams
- Familiarity with SQL, AB & multivariate testing practices a plus
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Minimum BA with strong academic record (strong preference for STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics backgrounds)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 10,800 people.
As our first global tech and product hub out of Boston, the Berlin office is driving tremendous growth and offers challenging and rewarding career and personal growth opportunities at any level. Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.