Senior Software Engineer - Product Catalog [.NET]
Wayfair sells everything home, from clocks that come in one box to sofa sectionals that come in five. The Product Catalog team writes the software that powers that wide range of products, and we’re looking for engineers to build a simple user experience on top of complex product data. Explore internationalization by working on the Globalization platform that has brought our selection to locales all over the world. Have you ever thought about how people describe things? We have; we built a description platform that describes our millions of products to customers and webcrawlers alike. And by the way, we're also re-building the way products are stored at Wayfair, laying the groundwork for the architecture of products for years to come.
If you’re interested in helping our customers find just the right product for their home, we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for smart, self-driven, outgoing engineers to join our growing team to help us manage our catalog of millions of products across thousands of categories. We work at scale and think about our customers first. We love to move fast and deliver high quality solutions to challenging business problems.
- Learn and teach alongside us as we write the code that drives Wayfair's product catalog
- Contribute to our coding and quality standards. Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet our growing business’ needs
- Build performant and stable compiled .Net applications that process large datasets
- Write robust, well-tested .Net code
- Work with product and business to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
- Move fast, make things
- At least 3 years of relevant web programming experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence in interfacing with stakeholders to gather requirements, and translating requirements into software architecture
- A collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.