Senior Product Manager, Marketing Personalization Strategies
Wayfair is looking for a senior product manager to own our strategies and algorithms that personalize content across customer growth channels. You will work closely with our data science, engineering, and customer growth teams to find the “next best message” for every customer across all customer growth touchpoints to drive more traffic to site and maximize CLV. Specifically, you will:
- Own several of our personalization strategies for key customer segments. This may include inspiring customers to find new products, helping convert in-market customers, or optimizing our ability to introduce customers to new categories they didn’t know they could find on Wayfair.
- In conjunction with our data science and engineering teams, build the multi-quarter roadmap to best recommended SKUs, sale events, and other content from our portfolio of assets. This includes informing algorithm selection (e.g., reinforcement learning, collaborative filtering, etc.), prioritizing customer problems and segments, developing the testing agenda, ensuring product delivery, and communicating the plan to stakeholders.
- Rapidly test strategies across channels (including e-mail and retargeting) ensuring learnings are consistently being shared among teams.
- Maniacally measure performance and own the KPIs for your customer growth personalization strategies, adjusting the roadmap based on test data.
- Ensure our customer growth personalization approaches incorporates the nuances of our product catalog and strategic trade-offs we are making across channels.
Your work will make customers enjoy and value their experiences across Wayfair customer growth campaigns and be inspired to discover and build the home they love.
This role is part of the broader Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Product team at Wayfair which is responsible for building world-class systems to automate our customer growth campaigns and get the right message in front of every customer at the optimal time. Beyond recommendations, our products also include our data management platform, notifications and marketing automation systems, and campaign automation/bidding tools. We have a sophisticated technology stack that allows for fast iteration on complex machine learning models for personalization that will enable you to be very nimble.
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and customers up to date on the top level goals, timelines, and progress
- Be the subject matter expert and owner of your products. Push the limits of our thinking on personalization strategies.
- Own the delivery, measurement, and performance of your strategies
- Prioritize requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risks and development cost
- Market your product internally across teams to maximize adoption
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Regularly communicate our quarterly/monthly goals and progress to keep business stakeholders apprised of your work and product progress
- 5+ years of product experience in the digital space, preferably ecommerce or recommender systems, or similar experience in top-tier consulting firm with an interest in algorithms, ad tech, or big data
- Strong quantitative skills to help assist in analysis and algorithm direction. Data science experience is not a prerequisite but interest in the space and learning by doing is critical.
- Demonstrable ability to be technically hands-on, up to architecting high-level system plans (no coding)
- Proven SQL knowledge – can use SQL to pull ad hoc data when necessary
- Drive to deliver amazing products and features on schedule
- Ability to work across several stakeholder groups and juggle many large initiatives simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA or advanced degree a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.