Manager, Strategic Spend
Manager, Strategic Spend
Wayfair is looking for problem-solving entrepreneurs to join one of several positions created as part of a firm-wide Procurement transformation. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who focus on more than just cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, super spend data gurus, flexible and fast multi-taskers, and who possess a true total cost of ownership philosophy. We need the next generation of procurement talent! The Procurement Manager will lead strategic sourcing activities for a wide variety of spend areas within the organization. This role will be instrumental for driving operational excellence and offers an exceptional opportunity to develop global category sourcing strategies from the ground up, and on a challenging size and scale.
What You'll Do
- You will act as the GM of strategic spend within a team that has responsibility for supporting groups across the company including Marketing, Finance, Engineering and Logistics.
- You will create data-driven category strategies, sourcing activities, and spend baselines across multiple lines of our business, by conducting detailed analysis and bench-marking across the market
- You will partner with and advise your stakeholders in developing and implementing effective sourcing strategies in order to ensure high quality of services and maximizing ROI to Wayfair
- You will drive negotiation process, content and results with all vendors in your area by building strong rapport with these partners
- You will build an accurate spend analysis and benchmarking view for category price movements. Develop cost savings targets based on aggressive, data-backed, realistic and forward oriented goals
- You will establish cross-functional teams to negotiate and implement improved operational and commercial supply outcomes for the business and customers
- You will develop trust within the businesses so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues so you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and agree with the solutions put forward
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, banking or another quantitative or strategic field
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong demonstrated Excel skills
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a confident self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.