Our Data Tech Architecture team is looking to add a PowerShell developer to the team. This is a small, but global team that has a major impact on the business, working on enterprise wide projects. They define the technical architecture to ensure the availability, integrity, scalability, and performance of our back end data storage platforms that support our customer facing sites and internal applications.
- Provide design/leadership for PowerShell automation for SQL Server of day-to-day, configuration and monitoring tasks.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional group of engineers and MVPs to deliver power tools to DBAs
- Have an understanding of basic SQL Server concepts, related technologies (Windows, Failover clustering, high availability, etc.) and ability to apply this knowledge in service design.
- Serve as a recognized PowerShell expert and code-reviewer for PowerShell code
- Strong experience with PowerShell scripting and PowerShell testing (Pester)
- Understanding of CI/CD processes for PowerShell code
- Familiarity with using build and release processes and tools (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Octopus Deploy)
- Must understand Desired State Configuration
- Strong background/experience as a Developer, or a System admin on Microsoft stacks
- Experience with developing PowerShell modules
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of best practices and procedures related to debugging PowerShell code
- Experience with T-SQL
- Excellent documentation skills
- Self-starter with strong leadership, professionalism and responsibility qualities
- Knowledge of .NET/C# is a huge plus
- Familiarity with BI technologies (PowerBI, Tableau)
- Experience with cloud-based environments (GCP, Amazon, Azure)
- Experience with Windows Server/Active Directory/Failover Clustering
- Experience with Terraform, Puppet & Packer
- Understanding of database code deployment processes, continuous integration and delivery for databases and database DevOps
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.