Operations Intern - Inhouse Consulting (m/f)
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial intern to join our Operations team as of end of August/September. As a member of the EU Projects & Analytics team (In-house Consulting), your primary responsibility will be to analyze data, verify product information with our suppliers, and propose solutions based on your analysis. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail as well as negotiation skills, and would suit candidates who enjoy following leads to figure out the root cause of a problem and are also comfortable to talk to our suppliers.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great learning opportunity, as well as your chance to make a decisive contribution to our business.
- Analytical work for the operations in-house consulting team at Wayfair
- Devising solutions based on the analysis to improve customer experience and reduce costs
- Driving implementation of solutions cross functionally with multiple stakeholders, including Merchandising and Category Management
- Miscellaneous analyses in logistics and other Operations focus areas at Wayfair
- Fluency in English
- Education in analytical, or technical field preferred (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Business Informatics, Systems Engineering)
- Familiarity with SQL essential
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Multi-task, organize well, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
- Strong communicator
- 5-6 month availability
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- Ambitiousteam with more than 30 nationalities
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Daily fresh fruits, snacks & drinks
- We’rein the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.