The Service Innovation team in Customer Service is looking to add a Senior Analyst to their group! This person will leverage a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations.
Who we are: Service Innovation team is an analytics group embedded within our Service Organization that seeks to improve the customer experience by using big data and corresponding analyses to improve people allocation, processes, and technology. The team is cross-functional in their approach, working with teams such as R&D, Transportation & Logistics, and Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning in order to drive impactful change that benefits Wayfair’s customer base.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- Monitor and tuning queries and data loads while also addressing user questions concerning data integrity and monitoring performance
- Develop ad-hoc statistical models to estimate the impact of a specific recommendation while controlling for factors that may introduce noise into the analysis
- Conduct big data analysis using tools like Tableau, SQL, R, Python or other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Analyze inbound call data to root cause customer issues and prioritize efforts at reducing the first contact
- Analyze service performance after a call is placed and develop recommendations for call routing, issue handling, resolution types, etc. to reduce follow-on calls and improve customer satisfaction
- Work with engineering to design, pilot, and measure the impact of a new webpage feature on customer purchase behavior
- Analyze the impact of fast deliveries vs. accurate deliveries on customer satisfaction in order to optimize delivery expectations on storefront
- Conduct clustering analysis based on customer post-order experience and behavior, translate the results to actionable customer service strategies, and evaluate the final outcomes
- Have 2+ years of post-Bachelors experience in an analytical role in a fast paced environment like consulting, e-commerce/technology company or startup
- A degree in a heavy quantitative field like Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or Statistics
- Extensive experience using Excel, Tableau and SQL
- Professional experience working within large data sets as well as a strong demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems leveraging through data analysis and modeling
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Experience presenting business cases to senior leadership is preferred, but not required
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and best practices; understanding of data flow from source systems into the BI data warehouse; Experience with data extraction, manipulation and blending across different data sources; ability to identify and troubleshoot data flow and/or ETL challenges
- Familiarity with different database schema (structured & unstructured), ETL processes, ability to work with large data sets
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, R)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.