Senior Business Analyst - Pricing (m/f)
The Wayfair Pricing Team is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Senior Analyst who is interested in combining business strategy with extremely large data sets in creative ways.
The Pricing Team manages the relationship between consumer price perception and profitability with an eye towards making the trade-off between the two more efficient. The team is responsible for pricing millions of products worldwide with a high degree of executive-level visibility.
In this role the Senior Analyst will pour through terabytes of data to formulate and test winning pricing strategies. They will rip apart problems and flex analytical skills to deliver answers to difficult questions.
The ideal candidate will be people oriented, business savvy, and strategic. This role provides an opportunity to impact broad business strategy and offers a rare chance to combine technology, data, and business in a high growth tech company. The Pricing Team has a big appetite for bold ideas and a strong bias for action.
- Develop analytical techniques that allow for greater understanding of our performance
- Consult on projects across the pricing team
- Develop robust reporting capabilities to measure the impact of pricing on key metrics
- Design, Implement, and Analyze pricing tests
- Quantify both the direct impact of pricing and short/long term externalities
- Architect new success metrics
- Sufficient experience in an analytical/ consulting role and affinity for data
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge
- Expert knowledge in Excel; SQL experience or interest in and aptitude for learning quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in working with others to drive results
- Experience leveraging statistics and advanced analytics a plus
- Interest in a test-and-learn approach to program development
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.