3D Viz Art Manager
3D Viz Art Manager
The 3D Visualization team is a new and rapidly growing and changing team within Wayfair. The team is working on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. The team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals; it is important that applicants are comfortable with constant change and rigorous prioritization of work.
The 3D Art Manager will lead and mentor a growing team of artists, must have expert technical skills in our suite of software and have a portfolio to show for it. We are looking for someone who is an authority on best practices and has the vision to create technical systems which will enable the team to iterate quickly on work. This leader will be critical to the team’s ability to scale as quickly as we have planned.
In this role you will
- Work with senior team members to develop standards and teach team best practices to quickly output high quality files for lifestyle imagery and architecture templates
- Improve and maintain the bar for photo-realistic image production
- Identify, mentor and develop talent
- Create lifestyle imagery for Wayfair’s brands
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray
- Strong design skills, and love of interior design. Must have a strong sense of composition and perspective and able to articulate how to manipulate an image to completion
- Management experience of engineers or artists
- Ability to mentor junior team members on creating photo-realistic renderings from 3D models
- Expert knowledge of lighting & texturing including best practices and system development.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Make sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
• Wayfair - Everything home for every budget
• Joss & Main - Affordable discoveries for gorgeous living
• AllModern - Unbelievable prices on everything modern
• Birch Lane - Home of classic designs and fresh finds
• Perigold - The widest-ever selection of premium home
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people