Human Resources Advisor - Warehousing (m/f)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is consistently increasing.
Due to growth in our warehouse in Lutterworth, we are looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join the team. The successful candidate will work closely with the HR Manager to coordinate and direct the people strategy for Wayfair’s UK Warehouses. Existing operations are in Magna Park, one of Europe’s largest logistics parks. In March 2019 a purpose built 1.1 million sq. ft. warehouse will be the latest addition to the Wayfair UK warehouse operation.
Your focus will be to proactively support the human resources agenda by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented HR professional who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary.
- Oversee and administer HR activities for the site including transactional and strategic HR functions
- Recruitment end-to-end, liaising with our recruitment agencies and overseeing the full hiring process
- Work closely with the Warehouse Senior Leaders to understand and implement an effective headcount planning strategy, including liaising with appropriate agency providers
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, legal and regulatory compliance etc.
- Make recommendations to improve employee engagement
- Maintain and utilize the HRIS management system (Workday)
- Prepare for and conduct new-hire onboarding and orientation
- Support training and development programs
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Design and implement Health & Safety awareness activities
- Contribute to and maintain the unique Wayfair culture
- Value add ideas and support to a collaborative HR team across several EU and US locations
- Perform various other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Experience within HR as a generalist in a warehouse, manufacturing or logistics environment
- Ecommerce highly preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, vibrant work environment
- A great opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization with great career opportunities
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.