Wayfair is looking for a new Payroll Manager to lead our growing team out of our Boston, MA Headquarters! We are looking for someone to lead by example, who will be able to stay flexible in our fast-paced environment while managing a team of five. You will serve as the main point of contact for any payroll-related questions coming from employees and will work cross-functionally with our human resources and accounting teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team, as well as the ability to process a multi-state payroll in a timely manner for a large employee population. The Payroll Manager will think out of the box to bring innovative ideas to Wayfair and will also motivate team members to further their development.
- Manage a team of 5 payroll associates who are responsible for Bi-weekly US payroll for over 6,000 employees (including garnishments, benefits, and taxes)
- Support the needs of a rapidly growing business
- Document policies and procedures and identify areas to improve and streamline
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Serve as the primary contact for payroll-related questions, concerns and inquiries.
- 3+ Years of experience with people management
- Able to thrive in a fast- paced environment
- Be professional, organized deadline driven and possess a strong attention to detail
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have clear knowledge of payroll compliance with company policies, state, local and Federal laws and have the ability to review reconciliation sheets provided by Senior Department Managers.
- Knowledge of Excel is required and experience with UltiPro and Work Day is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.