Senior Big Data Analyst for Business Intelligence (m/f)
Wayfair is a successful and fast growing tech company in e-commerce. Every decision we take is backed by data. Our Analytics teams support all areas of the customer journey and has direct impact on marketing, product selection, and delivery. In the Business Intelligence, and specifically in the Competitive Intelligence team we join market data with the largest proprietary data sets to drive business success.
We are looking for a senior analyst who is excited to find impactful insights in data and work with internal stakeholders to ensure that the analysis fits the business needs. The senior analyst will be based in our Berlin office, working very closely with our Boston team.
Visualizing the data and communicating actionable insight is as important as the analysis itself. A successful candidate will have great analytics and communication skills. He or she enjoys working in an international and fast-moving environment and is excited to contribute ideas beyond the core responsibilities to grow and improve the business.
- Play a key role in building up the EU organization for Competitive Intelligence, while working closely with the US counterparts
- Migrate big data analysis tools and adapt them to the specific needs of the European market
- Analyze some of the company’s largest data sets to generate short term business impact, in particular clean, match, and combine data from different sources
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights
- Innovate EU specific tools and solutions
- Hands on experience in analysis of large data sets
- Professional work experience, e.g., in consulting, technology, start-up, or other analytical roles OR relevant PhD
- Fluency in German and English
- Experience in coding/scripting, e.g., SQL, Tableau, Perl, Python, PHP
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- Great career development opportunities through our learn@work program. The chance to grow together with the European business and take on more responsibility over time
- Free fruits, snacks & drinks; contribution to your gym membership and free yoga classes, as well as wellness weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.