Senior Software Engineer - 3D Rendering
Wayfair’s founders, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah, kick-started their careers as engineers-turned-entrepreneurs, growing an e-commerce business over several years with an exceptional mission: Everyone should live in a home they love. Our Software Engineering organization drives this by finding real-world solutions to complex business challenges facing customers and stakeholders every day. Our global teams move fast, build to scale, and approach each opportunity with agility and creativity.
From Marketing Engineering and Proprietary Logistics, to Development Platforms and Infrastructure Engineering, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and tools. Our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We build our market share by providing innovative, technical solutions for our customer’s needs and by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement – all while growing our revenue over $5+ billion.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Engineering team. If you are truly passionate about technology and can move across the stack to craft solutions for customers, this role may be for you.
When was the last time you bought a piece of furniture without looking at it first?
The Product Media software development team builds platforms and writes software to both produce and manage our media content. We design and maintain state of the art 3D asset model production to provide a rich experience via Augmented Reality for our customers, as well as create beautiful environmental images of our products.
As the web continues to become a battleground for the home market, we need to stay ahead of the game with providing our customer an experience that rivals stepping into a physical store.
If you’re interested in helping our customers visually see how our products can make their home beautiful, we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for smart, self-driven, outgoing Engineers to join our growing team to help us manage our ever growing library of assets across thousands of products and categories. We work at scale and think about our customers first. We love to move fast and deliver high quality solutions to challenging business problems.
What you’ll get to do:
- Learn and teach alongside engineers and write the code that drives Wayfair's product media
- Design and maintain a rich metadata schema for all media content which drives machine learning and intelligent decisions on site to provide our customer their perfect browsing experience
- Perform architecture scaling and solve complex business problems in an agile environment
- Contribute to coding and quality standards.
- Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet Wayfair’s growing business needs
- Build intuitive web tools in PHP and React.js
- Write robust, well-tested backend code with PHP, C#, or Python
- Work with Product and business stakeholders to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
- Move fast, make things
- Collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- At least 3 years of relevant web programming experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence interfacing with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate requirements into software architecture
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
- A collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.