Application Security Engineer (m/f)
Wayfair is looking to add a Rockstar Application Security Engineer to its Application Security Team which is responsible for safeguarding the security of development and custom products and features. We engage with hundreds of developers and development teams to review and improve the security of custom developed applications, products, and interfaces. Additionally, we monitor and manage customer security and react to incidents as they arise. We design secure solutions and systems, investigate security incidents, discover and mitigate vulnerabilities, and build trusted relationships with our customers, both internal and external.
- Build security solutions that can be used across the enterprise using PHP, Go or Python
- Perform code reviews of highly complex services that are used by millions
- Keep development teams up-to-date with secure coding practices by providing them training and the latest trends in secure development
- Liaise with development and product teams to develop secure products and features for customers, suppliers, partners, and employees
- Maintain, tune, and own the web application firewall (WAF)
- Coordinate with and manage external hackers as part of Wayfair’s Bug Bounty Program
- Strong experience in Secure Application Development or Dev Sec Ops
- Hands-on scripting experience in at least one of the following languages; PHP, Go, Java, .Net. or Python
- Understanding of build and release management, CI/CD platforms
- Exposure to securing mobile applications and REST services
- Experience with static code analysis, code reviews and dynamic analysis
- Understanding of Authentication mechanisms such as SAML, JWT, OAuth etc.
- Certifications like OSCP, GWAPT, GPEN, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA
- Experience securing any of these cloud services platforms - GCP, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with Libsodium or an equivalent
- Previous experience managing a WAF
- Experience with code signing and with a Bug Bounty Program
Our offer – just some of the benefits and perks:
- Extensive career and growth opportunities in a fast-growing technology & retail powerhouse
- A highly competitive compensation package
- Training & development, including world-class mentoring and tuition reimbursement for education relevant to your career
- Subsidized gym membership (Urban Sports Club), free yoga classes and wellness weeks
- Subsidized lunch (Smunch), free snacks, fresh fruits and coffee
- Subsidized public transport subscription
- Discounts on Wayfair.de for employee purchases
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.