Marketing Manager (m/f)
Location: Berlin, Germany
At Wayfair Europe, we are building the marketing platform to run a pan-European online home & lifestyle business. We drive Wayfair’s success in the US all the way to Europe.
You will be working in an exciting, rapidly-evolving and startup-like environment in Berlin. At the same time you will also be supported by the technical expertise and the know-hows of a large and successful US business.
Who We Are:
The Wayfair EU Marketing Team is based in Berlin and responsible for all Online and Offline Marketing related tasks for Wayfair DE and UK. We strive to grow awareness, acquire new customers, and get those customers to come back again.
We are running all our marketing campaigns with a highly data-driven mindset and a maniacal focus on steering the investments into our marketing channels. We achieve that by having a testing culture in everything we do (“We win or we Learn”) and a tight collaboration with a large group of data scientists dedicated on marketing related questions.
Do you love project management, working with multiple stakeholders? Are you detail-oriented, with an affinity to print marketing and an analytical mindset? Keep reading!
What You’ll Do:
Owning Process and Driving Strategy
- You’ll drive the overall strategy, execution, performance, and effectiveness of our EU direct mail program
- You’ll analyze campaign efficiency & customer behavior data to report on existing initiatives and identify new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- You’ll own and optimize core processes of a channel
Creating impacts cross-functionally
- You’ll work cross functionally with other teams (Retention, Promotion, Creative, Data Science) to integrate your initiatives into the larger company strategy
- You’ll negotiate deftly with external vendors (printers, agencies, data providers)
- You’ll forge new vendor relationships and work with third-party partners on contract management meeting deadlines of core processes
Managing budgets and channels
- You’ll control a significant share of our advertising budget, contributing to the growth of the company
- You’ll work on both communicative strategy and their technical implementation
- You’ll use and learn all the necessary tools to steer your channel (e.g. SQL, Excel, R)
What You’ll Need:
- Great communication skills in both English and German
- Extensive professional experience in analytics and project management
- Experience with data analysis, proficient with MS Office and especially MS Excel (knowledge of SQL or R is a plus)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Sciences, Economics, Business
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Affinity with a highly data-driven business environment - you are excited about using data to drive decisions and to find out how things work in detail.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.