Principal Software Engineer (m/f)
Principal Software Engineer
At Wayfair, we are solving complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace. Building on our profitability in North America, Europe is a major focus for growth at Wayfair with its unique market challenges and opportunities.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with a focus on efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
You will be working on our supply chain, inventory management, extranet, product catalog, order management or customer-facing applications creating superior experiences that exceed customer expectations.
Your role at Wayfair
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Assist in maintenances and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Provide trainings and mentor other engineers when required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Make business presentations to management when needed.
What you bring to the table
- Significant expertise in PHP and/or .NET (C#, F#).
- Experience in building, maintaining and improving large Web Applications.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge in automated deployment and monitoring through CI/CD pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, or similar).
- Experience working with relational database management systems.
- Experience and/or the desire to work in an agile environment.
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun.
- Analytical and creative mindset, with a passion for solving business problems with technology.
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills and ability to collaborate with other engineering teams.
We look forward to receiving your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub).
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package.
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events.
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway.
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues.
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.