Specialist/Manager, Returns Ecommerce - English & German (m/f)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is consistently increasing.
About Returns at Wayfair:
Have you ever wondered what happens after you have returned your e-commerce order? Post-Delivery and Returns is currently one of the hottest topics for the e-commerce industry. Returns require operational excellence, have a significant impact on bottom line success, and the respective post-delivery experience is a key driver of customer satisfaction. This is why Wayfair, one of the fastest-growing online retailers for furniture worldwide, is building a new dedicated team for the Post-Delivery and Returns business in Europe. This is an exciting adventure and truly a start-up within the Wayfair world!
About the role
We are looking for a Specialist or a Manager to grow our newly-formed team in Europe. The candidate will take over responsibility in setting up complex logistics processes, negotiating with external parties, running analyses and reporting to the entire organization on the team’s achievements.
As a Specialist/Manager in the Post-Delivery and Returns Business, you…
- Manage work streams to drive the financial recovery of returns and contribute to the overall P&L profitability
- Manage work streams to enhance the return customer experience and offer new return services
- Run analyses to improve the returns and claim efficiency and get deeper understanding into potential improvement levers as well as their business impact
- Work in close relationship with multiple internal stakeholders as well as strategic partners (e.g. liquidators, specialized carriers, etc.)
- Conduct research on industry best practices for reverse logistics, prospect new partners, launch pilots and evaluate their performance
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, a high level of enthusiasm, and a demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- You are a team player, outgoing in your communications, and able to mobilize people to achieve your goals
- You have a strong quantitative skillset, you are comfortable analyzing large datasets to identify trends and actionable takeaways
- You have a good mastery of Microsoft Excel and Power Point, SQL is a plus
- You are fluent in both German and English, any other European language is a plus
- You have sufficient commercial experience, preferably (but not necessarily) in online retail, supply chain and/or management consulting
- You have experience in leading teams or would like to develop it
- You have an academic degree with an excellent track record
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- A competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary and bonus
- Great mentors and career development opportunities
- Location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- We care for our people – Fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day! A contribution to your gym membership and free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Grab the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.