Warehouse Team Lead - 2nd Shift (Bulk)
Warehouse Team Lead (Returns)
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
As a Warehouse Lead, you will assist your supervisor with managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. An individual of this profile also requires overseeing warehouse associates.
Monday - Friday
2PM - 10:30 PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the receiving department and insure the functions are use correct. This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to leading the team.
- Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Help manage the inventory. Work areas include: receive and put-away of product.
- Conduct necessary training within department.
- Ensure the proper use and accountability of tools.
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (eg. Time clocks)
- Answer email/verbal questions in a timely manner.
- Keep product moving at all times.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the department. This includes daily trash compacting.
Skills and Specifications:
- Working understanding of WMS system. Understanding of High Jump a plus.
- Leadership skills and abilities.
- Motivational skills/ability to motivate others
- Ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense
- Experienced in more than one department. Work areas include: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Experience with composing and replying to emails.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO)
- Experience with creating and updating systems such as trouble tickets.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum two years working experience
- Must have excellent attendance, willing to work any shift
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.